Friday, January 26, 2007

What was I thinking?

I belong to a national group of architects called SARA...it is big enough to make a difference but not too big that it loses some of the intimacy that makes great organizations...I have basically grown up in this organization since my dad is also an architect and has been a member for many years...
Well this January the national board meeting for SARA was in Pasadena, and part of the activities included a dinner honoring a dear friend that passed away last year, and a tour of the Gamble House by Greene and Greene...a beautiful Arts and Crafts house...
So...I decided I wanted to go...and that I would bring Holden, of course...I am still nursing...so leaving him behind would not have been an option nor would I have wanted to do that...Bright idea huh? Traveling alone with a 6 month old...

It actually wasn't too bad...Holden again did very well on the flights (only 1 hr each way) and he was the hit of every event we attended:-) The above picture is of the Gamble house...everyone interested in architecture should really check it out...

In the same general neighborhood as the Gamble House there are several other "Arts and Crafts" Era homes as well as the above
Frank Lloyd Wright designed house...so we took a walking tour of the neighborhood and saw that house (outside from the street only) too...While walking through the neighborhood we saw many nice houses including one I just saw on the show Take Home Chef ...funny...


Here is Holden enjoying his first architectual tour...he looks relaxed doesn't he...


Here is Holden charming some of the SARA women:-) He smiles with those dimples and everyone is smitten;-P Sorry its such a poor picture...the sun was brutal that day...

1 comment:

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

What a beautiful place to visit! Now I want to go! Holden is looking his usual adorable, heart stealing self!