Friday, September 28, 2007

Fun With Friends

I have started attending a mom's group with a couple of friends, we were all wanting a regular meeting where we got a chance to go deeper in our relationship with God...so three moms and I meet every other week with our kids to discuss a book we are reading and on the off weeks we do something fun with our kids...This week we ventured out to a place called Fairy Tale Land...It is basically a big park, with playhouses, etc related to stories you read as a child...there is Sherwood Forest, The little Engine that could, Mr McGregor's Garden...you get the picture...Anyway it was fun, and the kids had a blast I think...
Here the kids are watering in Mr. McGregor's Garden...its a wonder any plants survive all that water!
Lots of things to climb on!
It's fun to watch the kids interact...
There are many tunnels and slides...
It really is nice to have a planned outing each week, and to force myself to read and discuss a book that makes me look at and put time into my relationship with God...Sometimes, at the end of the day I am so exhausted, and I realize I haven't spent any time with God...which makes me feel even more drained! I am so glad my friend Elise approached me about this mom's group! We just started meeting, and the book is challenging, and the time together has been refreshing!
Thanks ladies!

1 comment:

Staci said...

That's a great idea (to have a play day every other week)! It's always refreshing to get together with other women and talk about our Lord!