Sunday, November 09, 2008

Heard Recently - 03


Today...well today I should have napped when Holden napped but I didn't...so about 4pm I layed down in his room and told him I needed a nap could he tuck me in...he brought me a pillow, blanket, and a "friend"(his baby doll buddy) Then he set up another bed and put Corduroy, and a monkey to bed...saying, "oh, its time for sleep...oh your not tired, well its time to nap so go to sleep"
then he comes to me and says, "we better pay (pray)..."
Me: "Do you want to or should I?"
H: "you"
Me: "No you are putting me to sleep so you should pray"
H after a brief pause: "heaveny father, Amen!"
:-)

For some reason Holden likes to sleep with gloves on now that its gotten colder...I don't know people really...it started up covering everything he said was cold and one night his hands were cold...and since then gloves...
So tonight, we forgot them...and after I left Holden's room I heard him talking...so I venture to his door, just to listen:-) I hear him say, "loves, loves"
Then I hear him rustling around...Minutes later he's crying...
Tom goes in there and he is trying to put the gloves on himself and can't get his fingers situated...When Tom helps him he says,
"These are tricky!"
Tom leaves and he falls asleep...crazy kid!

4 comments:

Staci said...

How cute! It cracks me up that he's wearing gloves to bed! Kids are so funny!

Karen said...

Michael's hands get cold too. I never thought to try gloves inside. He always asks for covers though.

michael said...

That's pretty darned cute - both stories.

rachel said...

I love that! Kids are so sweet, they have a way of melting our hearts every single day!