Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Preschool...


Did I just write that? My baby can NOT be ready for preschool...but oh he was...when we dropped him off there were NO tears! I couldn't believe it!

The morning was a bit hectic...will need to work on that...Holden had a bad dream last night and came into our bed...so this morning when I got up at 730 our bed was full with Daniel, Holden, Tom and I...I smiled and thought..."what a great way to start his first day:-)" So I started snuggling with him tryiong to wake him...it was tough..but he woke up and was ready for breakfast and school!


On the way there he said to me, " Mom I don't want you to go"...I told him I would stay a bit and then all the parents would leave and Mrs. Wendy and Ms. Danica would be there...He said, "ok"

Then he says, "I am going to be shy like Red the fire truck in the CARS movie" I said, "ok but you will have more fun if you aren't shy"


Mrs. Wendy had the door ready for pictures...guess she forgot to order the shade:-) Still a priceless picture...

The buddies...I am so excited that Holden and Sutter will be in school together...for them and me...I get to hang out with my friend Catherine more:-) Playdates after school, park fun and lunches...so fun!

I hung out for a bit...although Holden went right to playing...but I had told him I would so I did...





They had blue playdough! His favorite! He and Sutter sat down to play, and we gave them the 2 minute warning...I expected at least some negotiations but no...he said ok...and when it was time, he gave me hugs and kisses and said goodbye...no tears nothing...I felt great! I would have had a hard time leaving him with tears...


Catherine caught me checking in through the window! Such a rookie! He was fine Mrs. Wendy went right over to him and engaged him in what he was doing...didn't even seem to remember I was gone!


This on the other hand is what Catherine and I found when we returned...she snapped this precious photo...my boy about 5 minutes from pick up time decided he needed me, and he hugged on to Ms. Danica until I returned...he was teary eyed when I got there...

Mrs. Wendy said he did great! She said he was more of an observer instead of a participant, which is totally normal for him at first...she said he did everything but never iniated...and then she said at the very end they got out musical instruments and it got loud, and suddenly, he wanted , "Mommy!" but he did good overall...

And he talked to the teacher while I was there, and told me all of what he did...gave her a big hug and said he would see her Thursday...she warned me Thursday may be harder because of the end of today, but we will see...



Signing out...again I LOVE my carrier! Works great for things like this!

When we got home Holden kissed Daniel, and told me he wanted to go back and next time he wouldn't cry at all! Let's hope so!

He has been singing songs since he got home some from school I think, and some he makes up! I LOVE that:-) When he sings the ABC's he gets all the letter right except for H, I, K, is H, R, K...not too shabby!

Hanging out at the park after class...Thanks Catherine!

Also, Holden told me, "The teacher was nice, she didn't have a gun" Ok it is true boys pick up on guns NO matter what you do...he has started talking about guns and I have no idea where he gets it...there was an article in Mothering Magazine one time all about this...

But whatever...I guess nice people don't have guns and mean people do, in his 3 year old world...

Overall a SUCCESS:-)

1 comment:

April said...

Preschool, how fun! You and Holden are going to have so much fun with school. Kiss the baby for me, April