Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving was spent at Toms folks house...as has been tradition the last couple of years, we stayed the night there with Beth and Josh and their fam, all waking up to breakfast, and then a little Tree Hunt:-)

Anyway back to Thanksgiving...It was fun, and relaxing....
I was responsible for Acorn Squash, and some dinner rolls...due to the week's happenings I barely made it to the house with the proper ingredients...and then my poor dough didn't rise...good thing I am learning to LET GO!  Really I was fine, so not my norm to just roll with the punches...
The food was great, and I ate way too much...luckily I don't care for dessert, so I passed that up till the next night:-)

 

So glad our kiddos love each other so much!  Each day I hear "Is today a MJ day?"  And when I answer yes there is clapping and cheering:-)

 

As always seems to happen at holiday time in a Robertson house (usually ours), there was a little appliance malfunction...But David was on it, whipping out this old thing...What's that you say?  not sure what that is?  Why it's an old hair dryer...yup the kind you use with a shower cap looking thing...of course that IS what you would use to defrost your ice maker too isn't it?  Seriously he got that thing out and we nearly dies of hysterics...it belonged to someones mother, we gave him such a hard time I had to document it!  Of course it came from his appliance graveyard um I mean garage!

 

Miss A, well she loved Uncle Tom's music...we all do...LOVE this series:-)

What a great day!  We have so much to be thankful for, amazing family near and far, abundant blessings...a God who loves us more than we can comprehend...We are blessed!


No comments: