Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's OK

This past Sunday we sang the song "OK" by Mutemath

"Down on my knees down on my face
You just say it's ok
So many days I've thrown away
You just say it's ok
I don't think I could ever repay
Your perfect grace, but it's ok

It's ok, It's ok
It's ok, It's ok
You've become my embrace
Just tell me it's ok

Your precious words intoxicate
A heart that aches; it's ok
You don't recall my past mistakes
You just say it's ok
The human mind can't calculate
Your perfect grace, but it's ok

Even though you've seen a thousand times
I've let you down
You're always there if I should call your name
You're unashamed, unashamed"

This song is one of my favorite worship songs, I was SO excited we were singing it, and more importantly excited that I was in worship to hear it:-)

While I was singing, a picture came to mind.  I thought I would share.

This picture was me, or anyone, on my knees before God, who was seated, my face was in my arm which rested on His knee.  I felt too ashamed to look Him in the eye, and yet He was there with a  hand on my head lovingly reminding me, "it's OK".  It was powerful, I love the tangible vision it creates, not unlike an earthly father assuring a young one that it is ok, but much more powerful as God looks down and sees everything we try to hide, and yet His love for us remains bigger than we can imagine, and His grace is enough to cover all sins.  He wants us to cry out to Him, to stand before Him in praise even though we are unworthy.  All the words hold such truth.  "The human mind can't calculate Your perfect Grace", "Even though you've seen a thousand times I've let you down."  

A reminder of how poor we are without Him, but He reaches down and touches us, telling us "it's OK, I love you, you are mine."

I love worship, I love thinking through lyrics, and what they mean.  I often analyze (probably too much) if I can in fact sing them to my God in truth.  It is such an honor to stand in HIs presence and worship Him. And I love, love the fact that I can sing with my out of tune voice and His ears hear a beautiful song!

Just a random thought:-)







1 comment:

jojo said...

love