Thursday, April 05, 2012

Maundy Thursday



source

I was thinking upon today, Maundy Thursday, the day we celebrate the last supper, Jesus gathered with the disciples, all sinners, and two he knew would betray and deny him. And yet he didn't treat those differently than the rest, he bent down and washed their feet, he gave them the gift of a meal, one that all believers would come to use as a remembrance of his sacrifice, the gift of forgiveness, and the gift of new life, resurrection. I was just struck by the fact that Jesus knew all their "junk" and yet he served them, and humbled himself before them. I have so much to learn from the examples set before me in the bible. but also, I need God to provide the grace and power, to escape my humanness and mold me to be more like him and less like this world.

No comments: