Monday, December 28, 2009

Today...

Today Tom lost his job...It wasn't a total shock, we sort of had warning, I know now that God was preparing us for this.  When we bought our house we had a few talks about what happens if you lose your job, will we lose the house...I wanted reassurance that that could never happen...of course there is no such thing...When we figured that Tom's job was coming to an end these thoughts came back...What if we lose our house?  What if our renters move out?  How will we pay our bills?  I prayed.

When Tom called me and told me he was on his way, early, as he was no longer employed...there was no panic, only calm.  truthfully, only a whisper, "OK God, lead the way", God filled me with peace and I felt a whisper of, "Nothing has changed, I am still the same.  My Kingdom remains, all can fall away"

Now I am not jumping for joy because we have no income, please don't read it that way.  But I know the job had to go, I know it was a good thing, and I trust God to go with us on this journey.

No comments: