Monday, January 04, 2010

One Week in...

One week ago, Tom lost his job...
Grocery shopping is no longer as fun, BUT I can still do it...
I spend a lot less time "window" shopping...
I am sure there are more, but that's not why I started this post...

I forgot to mention in my previous post that part of God's preparation included attending a church service where members of our church stood and shared what God had taught them over the last year, or years in some cases...It was extremely moving and timely...we weren't aware how timely till the next afternoon...
The talks touched Tom and I in different ways, but it also started a conversation.  We talked about if he were to lose his job, what we thought of that.  It led to admitting we knew WE were not in control and we would have to trust that God's timing and plan was best.

That was the first Sunday, Monday the job was gone.  Now yesterday...I had my usual trouble getting the boys out the door for church on time, and was a little ticked I would be missing most of worship.  Worship is my time with God, it is usually very intimate and it is my refreshment for the week ahead.  We made it for the last two songs.  It was God's plan I know.  Over and over the message of  "this world is temporary, I am forever"  washed over me during worship.  We sang a song called 40 Wait...part of the lyrics are:
"Your love is forever, and Your mercies are forever.  Your love is deeper than the oceans I go down I still breath."  And yesterday our Pastor shared that he wanted this year's "focus" to be prayer.  I thought, "YES!  Prayer, that's what I want too."   I don't want life to get in the way of God, I want to trust and RELY on Him fully in the easy times as well as the hard times.  And you can't do that without prayer.  I also want to pray in community and watch God work.  I am excited for this year and what it brings.

My prayer is that whatever the job situation, the house situation, the life here situation, that MY Heart would be set upon God's forever, not the world's temporary.  Whether we are living in abundance or not...His kingdom is the same. 

3 comments:

Jenny Skibo said...

AMEN!!! I'm sorry to hear about Tom's job. Keep your chin up and ears/eyes open to God's plan for you guys. Hold on tight and try to enjoy your ride this year. God will see you through. We love you guys and miss you.

-Skibos

michael said...

That really sucks guys! We'll be praying for you.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Hey Anna,

Just saw this. So sorry to hear it, but I love and am inspired by your awesome attitude and trust in God.

It will be cool to see how He provides for you!