Monday, July 11, 2011

Our New Favorite Summer Dinner:-)



I think it was last summer when my good friend Natalie introduce me to these smoked salmon tartins.  YUM!  And then of course we didn't have them again until she brought them over a couple of weeks ago.  But it was then that I decided this was my summer meal, of course I thought, if only my kids would eat them.


But wait!  My kids like the FISH part of sushi, no rice, no roll, just the RAW FISH on top...hmmm, and they both LOVE salmon...so why not try it!  Oh yeah it was a hit, what a great meal!  No cooking required!  AND EVERYBODY eats the same thing!  wow!


they are super simple.  Bread, cream cheese, or Brie in our case, smoked salmon, tomato, avocado, red onions (which we omit when Natalie is not here:-)), salt and pepper.  YUMM-O!  Just perfect after an evening in the pool...did I mention we are in the pool EVERY night?! We are so blessed by this house, it's still hard to believe we live here.


Proof mom and dad that he DID eat it, just in case I try to serve it while you are here and he refuses;-P

Did I say YUM!

No comments: