Monday, January 09, 2012

A Crown


 I LOVE to make gifts:-)  BUT I have a problem I am working on.  Buying and STASHING fabric and sewing supplies, SO my goal was to create a gift only using what I already have.  I usually appliqué a shirt or something like that, but I didn't have a shirt for a 4 year old girl already in my stash!  SO I got some hair brained idea to make her a crown.  

I scoured pinterest and found a bunch of tutorials.  I picked one and tried to print the template, but alas the printer was broken.  So I did what anyone would I drew my own:-)
This is the tutorial as a starting point, but then made it my own as I went a long:-)


I used flannel for the front and a cotton for the back.  I used heavyweight pellon to give it body.  The flower is from an Amy Butler pattern, Madison Bags.  I had forgotten how much I love these!


I am very happy with the results of my first crown endeavor:-)  I can't wait to make more!  The boys think they each need one!

1 comment:

April said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!