Friday, April 20, 2012

Easy Crockpot Chicken!

Did you know you can "roast" a WHOLE chicken in the crockpot?  Well one that will FIT in your crockpot:-)  Seriously! I wish I had taken a picture, IT WAS SO good!  

I started with this recipe, only I lined the bottom of the crockpot with onion, and sliced garlic, and then a layer of lemon slices.  And I made up my own spices with what sounded good, including grill seasoning, chili powder, cayenne, a little chili oil, and oregano:-)  I used some of the ones she listed too...I know I am not much help in the spice department!  I just use what sounds good at the exact time I am cooking, never really think too much about it!

But I cooked it on high for 1 hour, then low for 5 hours and it was moist and SO good!  Both boys ate it and Tom said it was tasty!  I WILL be making this recipe again!  REALLY I WILL;-P Says the woman who RARELY (Tom would say NEVER) makes a recipe twice!

Anyway TRY IT!

No comments: