Monday, July 02, 2012

10th Anniversary Getaway | Day ONE


Tom and I celebrated 10 YEARS of marriage this week.  My parents came up to visit for a week so we were able to get away for THREE NIGHTS!  We have NEVER been away that long!  I was sad and ecstatic at the same time.  I LOVE getting away with Tom, we have so MUCH FUN together!  I miss my kids while we are gone though too!

On our way to Mendocino we stopped at V. Sattui Winery and walked around.  It was funny when we were discussing the way to go out to the coast it was no trouble to decide to go through the Napa Valley, we love that place:-)  It's one of the few places we talk of visiting numerous times...


On our way through I saw Stryker Winery from the road and HAD to stop, I always insist on stopping at buildings where the design catches my eye!  I NEED to figure out a way to get a fence/screen like this in my house/yard...maybe if we actually build a house someday:-)




Finally, we arrived in Mendocino and checked into our Inn, We stayed at the JD House we chose it because it is part of the Blue Door Inn Properties, which look a little more modern in design for a Bed and Breakfast.  We stayed in the WaterTower room.  It was nice to have our own entrance, and it felt a little more detached from the rest of the Inn.  It wasn't quite as modern as I had imagined, but it was still nice.  The grounds have a courtyard garden, but our room didn't open out into it.  

Our room had a sitting area with a fireplace which we used every night:-)  We arrived to the most beautiful weather we could have hoped for on the coast, the sun was shining and it was actually quite warm!



After relaxing for a while we headed out to explore the town and grab dinner.  It was so nice to be able to walk to dinner every night and just hangout with my favorite person!  Our first night we ate at the Mendocino Cafe The food was great and it had quite a bit of variety on the menu. 



We walked along the beach and had a great day!

No comments: