Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Waking Up Early...


Today I set the alarm, not to get up at 5:30 and exercise, but to simply get up a little before the boys.  To spend time in prayer and thanksgiving, to remember who is behind the gifts, gifts big and small, gifts glamorous and mundane.  I watched this video last night, and it reminded me to be thankful, to seek what He has for me, what He is working on in me, that my one and only purpose is to praise Him, to seek Him, and to seek to do His will.  Everything else falls into place AFTER this, AFTER the thanksgiving.  Scripture says it, "Rejoice in the Lord always."  Lately I've seen it as an extension of the cross, a saving grace this attitude of thanksgiving, you can't come to the Father without it.  

Thank you Jesus for your GRACE, LOVE, the fervor with which you DESIRE us!  Thank you that you alone have the power to MOLD us, CHANGE us, and to have CREATED us.

No comments: