Thursday, September 05, 2013

The Girls...


This Lady...Mabel, let her secret out...And now all the girls are all free ranging when I leave the gate open, and apparently when Daniel doesn't close the gate tight enough:-) AND now at least 4 hens are LAYING...We have been getting between 2-4 eggs a day for a few days!


This is Goldie, she gave us a little scare the other night when we got home late and she hadn't made it into the coop.  I found her on the roof of the coop, she was very groggy and pretty much asleep.  I had to rescue her and get her into the coop...it involved a ladder and the boys helping but we got it!


This is Sparkle, she's a beauty! She is also the most skittish...


Mabel the queen...


I don't know why, but this picture is idyllic to me...Chickens in the foreground boys in the background:-)  life is good!


This is Martha, Mabel's best bud...


OK time to make dinner, which means its getting close to fox hunting times, or so I think so I want them back in the run...Holden trying to lead them back...


Sparkle says, "What?  Can't you see we are walking!"


Finally following Holden...


Daniel is bringing up the rear...


I didn't get a picture of Blackie, she's well black...looks a little like Mabel but she has a beautiful green sheen to her feathers.  They were all in their run.  I planted these grasses hoping they would grow big, I dont think the girls are going to let that happen.  Oh well!


No comments: