Sunday, September 17, 2006

Isn't It Ironic

Before you have a child you say you will never do many things and will always do others…BUT what I am finding out is you never know…I thought about this last night as I called the advice nurse for our Dr. (something I said I would never need to do) so I compiled a list
I said vs. I do
I will never use a pacifier…
Hey it works I use it
I will NOT use disposable diapers…
I have needed them and I hate to say it but right now I use them a little more than half the time…soon to change I hope!
He WILL sleep through the night by 8 weeks…
probably not going to happen…I cannot let him cry it out (he does sleep a long stretch though)
I will go out as much as I always did…
It is really hard to get everything together, and sometimes it means you are walking around instead of eating your meal
I Will NOT dress him in outfits the first 3 months…
yeah right…he looks so cute in them!
He WILL be on a schedule…
Lets just say it is a really loose schedule…and I am lucky he goes 2 hours usually between feedings
I won’t need help…
Again yeah right…
I am sure there are more but I can’t think of them now…By the way Holden is congested…something the advice nurse says is very normal for newborns…and as long as he doesn’t have a fever (which I have checked 3 times already) he is fine…First time mom…I know I know its written all over my face!

On another note I find it ironic that UPS sent me a postcard to my home address saying that they couldn’t deliver a package to me because my “address does not exist”…um…how did I get this postcard then? And if you can send me a postcard how come you can’t deliver the package?




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Staci said...

UPS is crazy! That is soooo funny! Did you ever get the package?