Sunday, April 22, 2007

Undercover Conversation

So this Friday and Saturday Tom attended the Vineyard Mens Retreat...I am so glad he went...As soon as he left on Friday Holden started saying "dadda" over and over...It was as if he knew he was gone...It got really bad around bath time (Tom usually gives him his bath) and bedtime...It was really cute!
Anyway, Tom got home at around midnight and we stayed up until 3 am talking...It was awesome! I have been feeling a bit like I am simply Holden's mom and nothing more...kind of like I am losing my own identity...Tom reminded me that I am his wife, his best friend, and first and foremost God's child...
It was really good to remember that God created me to be so much more than "just" Holden's mom ("just" sounds so dumb when you look at your child and see the gift that you have been given...but you get my drift)...that as I seek God in my daily life He loves me, and is still molding me... God set us on this new journey of parenthood, and he walks with us through every season good and bad...this is definitely a good season, trust me...
It was just a great time with my husband...under the covers! Haha I fooled you! You thought you were getting something juicy...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Motherhood was never promised to us as an 'easy' task. Just remember that. It does, however, have so many rewards. You are strong in your faith and god will continue to lead you about your path.

Missing you these days!
our blog address is
www.schwebelfamilystories.blogspot.com I finally started it last week.

Staci said...

I love when Mike and I stay up late just talking!