Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day and some new tricks:-)

>This is what Tom did after church today:-) Holden gave him a daddy hugs book...and I...well I told him we were going shopping for his gift...oh well...what can I say this weekend came at me before I knew what hit me! After Holden woke up from his nap we headed up to Tom's aunt's house where we swam and BBQ'd and had fun with Tom's Aunt Sherry who was visiting from Oregon...It was a fun day with family...Holden was so worn out, he was out within 5 minutes of being in the car...and barely stirred when we brought him into his bed!This is what Holden did today BEFORE church...I was doing dishes and Holden was opening and closing his snack cupboard door...he had never gotten anything out before...oops...apparently his oatmeal wasn't enough for breakfast;-P Oh and he's shirtless because he likes to get his hands in his food and then pat his belly...which makes for dirty shirts...especially when you feed yourself bananas and avocado! He also FINALLY got the sippy cup today...I mean he tipped his head back and everything! Now he has the sippy and the straw down...yay!"Mom, why are you taking my picture? I am only having a snack! geesh!"Holden still loves the stroller...such a blessing...this pic was taken shortly before he fell asleep...can you believe it?
Our local park just got new play equipment...we decided to go see if the swings were as good as the old ones...We still liked the old ones better...BUT all the stuff for older kids looks fun...and complicated...more than once Tom and I asked each other, "what do you do on that?" I am sure Holden will show us when he is bigger:-) I love how he is looking at Tom in the above picture!Thought I would try a different angle....and Holden cooperated!
Here is his 10.5 month smile:-) He is so fun! He was helping me with laundry here:-)

This was taken after his first graham cracker...you can see remnants on his chin:-) He seems to like them:-) He really only wants to eat food he can feed himself...which is fine...only messy...see above...

We had a great day today...I hope Tom felt celebrated...He knows how much we love him...oh and today just to make him feel extra special, Holden had a meltdown when Tom attempted to leave him in the nursery...AND I was staying in there with him:-) He was wanting special daddy time:-) SO nice...

3 comments:

Staci said...

The unique swing picture is so cool!!! You have a great eye for photography!

Jamie said...

Anna, you take beautiful pics. Preston loves the Cheddar Bunnies as well. He'd eat the whole box if I let him.

Laura said...

What awesome pictures!! Holden is growing up! Yeah on getting the sippy!!