Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


Yesterday I entered a contest at the Savvy Photographer To enter you had to choose to answer one of three questions...I chose number 3. what is the one thing you would want your children to know about you if you weren't around?

I answered: If I wasn't around, I would want my sons to know that I loved them and their dad but mostly that I loved an amazing God, and more than anything I hoped my life and the way I loved reflected that and they wouldn't have to be told.

I have been thinking a lot about this, about how my life looks to my boys. What will they remember about their childhood. Will it be how I loved and served my God through my love and service for others? Or will it be how I ran around like a crazy person before guests came, making our house presentable or creating the best meal? I hope it is the first one. The only way for that to happen is to live what I believe and love like Jesus loved. hmmm seems easy enough, but somehow life and self get in the way. Tom and I are trying to figure it out...that is what we talk about in our weekly times together...We are going through the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It really gets you thinking and evaluating...it's a good thing. Both Tom and I are in a place of anticipation. We both feel like God is doing something big in our lives, and we aren't sure what it is. We are pretty confident it is going to stretch us, and mold us, and most likely prune us. We will see how it plays out, but we are seeking God intently.

Back to Motherhood...this morning as I got a little time to myself and felt totally refreshed and full of hope, I reflected on the amazing gift it is to be a mom. I have two healthy and amazing boys, and being their mom is one of the greatest gifts and responsibilities that God has given me. I am truly blessed. I pray that God walks with me in this journey of motherhood, and that I will seek His wisdom in this life, and the journey of raising these boys. I pray they become men who seek God wholeheartedly. who are committed to what they believe with unyielding conviction, who love with the heart of Jesus.

To my boys, I love you.  I can't imagine my life without you in it.  Your smiles and laughter melt my heart.  Your relationship with each other already is joy in my soul.  I can't wait to watch your friendship grow, and to see you two figure each other out.

Holden, you are a sweet, sweet boy.  definitely a lover.  Quick with a kiss, or a rub...you are an amazing big brother, you are always ready to say, "I love you Daniel", "It's ok Daniel big brother is here", and "I can't wait for Daniel to be able to play with me"  amongst other great things.  You bring me such joy, you smile and I smile.  You are such a happy boy.

Daniel, wow we have only known you for a short time, but already you have stolen all our hearts.  Your toothy grin is beyond words.  You have a robust life about you, excited about the silliest things.  You are so much happier now that you can move around.  You ADORE your big brother, looking for him when he is not in the room. You smile and laugh as soon as you see him. His clowniness is HILARIOUS to you!

To Tom, thank you for going through this parenting journey with me.  I love watching you with our kids, and I love being the mama of your boys!

And mostly to our Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing me to be a mom!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: